A few weeks ago, McDonald’s sent me a few coupons to try their Angus beef wraps, the newest item on their menu. NY editor Anne gave financefoodie.com readers the first peak at these babies a few months ago, and I was salivating after reading her review (As many of you know, I try to eat organically and support local restaurants most of the time – BUT McDonald's is totally my kryptonite – I swear the sweet aroma of their fries hypnotize my brain cells!)
The Angus snack wraps come in three flavors and are $2.00 each – I had all, sans mayo:
1. Mushroom and Swiss (mushrooms, swiss cheese, mayo, ½ angus patty, tortilla wrap)
2. Deluxe (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, American cheese, mayo, mustard, ketchup, ½ angus patty, tortilla wrap)
3. Bacon and Cheese (tomatoes, bacon, American cheese, mayo, ½ angus patty, tortilla wrap)
Although I liked all of them, my favorite was the mushroom and swiss. The well-seasoned mushrooms and sharpness of the swiss cheese gave the wrap flavor and heartiness. Even though it was the oiliest and most caloric out of the three (one wrap=~400 calories), it was the perfect afternoon delight to get me through the mid-afternoon doldrums. Plus, it was small enough to not give me a complete “grease headache” - although it left me craving more!
The one qualm I had about the wrap in real life looks nothing like the ads (especially the deluxe wrap). I know they “jazz up” food for ad purposes but wow – no words. See below for a comparison.
|The Real Life|
Congrats #16 and #31 - Doubtful Dawn and Derk Thomas
"I have tried the mushroom and swiss it was good. I would like to try the deluxe." "Mushroom and Swiss for me, 2 things I like in one wrap."
Please email financefoodie [at] gmail [dot] com to claim your prize within 48 hours!---------------------------------------------
McDonald's want to give TWO financefoodie.com readers the chance to try their three snack wraps (i.e. two winners will win three coupons each for free snack wraps)
You can enter up to THREE times:
1. REQUIRED: In my comments section, tell me which snack wrap you want to try - or if you have already tried one - which one is your favorite. (Mine is the Mushroom and Swiss - see above)
2. Follow Finance Foodie on Twitter (leave a separate comment telling me this)
3. Reblog / Retweet this giveaway (leave a separate comment telling me this)
Contest ended Tuesday, August 31 at 5pm EST. Winners will be chosen via random integer generator on random.org announced on the financefoodie.com site shortly afterwards that night!