Summer is creeping around the corner and you know what that means: swimsuit season! I usually look upon this with dread, as me and restrictive diets…well…we are like oil and water. Plus as someone who lives for trying new foods and the next exciting meal – its uber depressing to think about a steady stream of oatmeal, salads, and steamed chicken breasts for the next few months.
However, this year, I have some extra ammo in my pocket to help me achieve my swimsuit ready body by summertime. The Kroger Co., General Mills, NBC's “The Biggest Loser” are partnering to donate up to $1,080,000 to Feeding America this year. I’ve decided to participate in this “Biggest Loser” challenge – where I can lose the pounds and support a charitable cause!
And YOU can get involved too – here is how:
* Visit the Pound for Pound Challenge website to make your pledge to lose weight and to get more information and to find tools to change your life for the better. It is FREE, EASY and only takes ONE MINUTE to make a change that can help you and help the hungry in your local community.
* Through June 30, 2010, for every pound you pledge to lose, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 14¢ to Feeding America® — enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank.
Sweet, simple, and highly motivational! I’ll see you at the beach in a few months!
Congrats #37! -Meaghan F.
"I pledged 15 and I truly hope I can make that amount because I have a really difficult time loosing weight. It's definitely a reach, but it's possible!"
Please email financefoodie [at] gmail [dot] com with your mailing address so I can send your prize!
Financefoodie.com is giving one lucky reader a $30 Kroger giftcard to help jump start your summer weight loss. The giftcard can be used at anyone of the Kroger Family of Stores includes Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, King Soopers, City Market, Dillon's, Smith’s, Fry’s, QFC, Baker’s, Owen’s, Jay C Food Stores, Hilander, Gerbes, Food4Less, Pay Less Super Markets and Scott’s Food & Pharmacy.
You can enter up to FOUR times:
1. In my comments section, tell me how much you are pledging to lose for the Pound for Pound challenge (I pledged 10 lbs!)
2. Follow Finance Foodie on Twitter (leave separate comment telling me this)
3. Reblog / Retweet this giveaway (leave separate comment telling me this)
4. Facebook this giveaway on your news feed (leave separate comment telling me this)
Contest ended Monday May 24 at 5pm EST. Winners will be chosen via random integer generator on random.org announced on the financefoodie.com site shortly afterwards that night!
[As an FTC compliant site, the Kroger Family of Stores and General Mills provided me with the gift card, information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark.]