It’s the time of year when leading tennis players from all over the world travel to play in the prestigious tournament, Wimbledon. The majority of tennis fans will be very excited about this week, especially those with tickets for centre court! Eating strawberries and cream is one of Wimbledon’s popular traditions and over 28,000 kilos of strawberries are served during the tennis tournament. We’ve come up with our own way of being part of the action, by eating strawberries dipped in chocolate!
Not only are strawberries dipped in chocolate nice to look at, they’re a delicious treat and also easy to make.
They only take around 5 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to cook. If you fancy making these delicious treats, then read on.
1. Rinse your strawberries in cool water and lay them on a towel or kitchen roll to dry.
2. Chop your chocolate bars or block of chocolate into small pieces, place them into a microwavable bowl and melt them in the microwave for about one and a half minutes (uncovered).
3. Continue to melt the chocolate in the microwave until there are no lumps and it’s smooth.
4. Time to start dipping the strawberries - hold back the green tops so that they don’t get covered in chocolate or use a toothpick if you are having difficulty dipping.
5. Put the dipped strawberries on some wax paper to set and eat within 24 hours. Simple!
Your friends will be delighted with the chocolate covered strawberries! This recipe is so simple to make even for the novice cook, so there’s no need for restaurant insurance! They are also perfect for the summer alongside a nice glass of wine or cocktail.
Another idea is to try dipping other types of fruit in melted chocolate, for example apple slices, pear slices or bananas. As well as dipping the fruit in chocolate, you could also dip them in chopped nuts, sprinkles or coconut bits.
Centre court tickets for Wimbledon may be hard to come by, but turn the television on and these yummy strawberries will make you feel part of the action!