No weigh-in for this post as it's only Day 3 of my week (here is a sneak preview: I am on track! Yay!). However, I could not wait to share a new recipe I invented in response to my disastrous pizza craving addressed in my last post. No more Papa John's induced over indulgences -- this easy to make, semi-homemade pizza is not only delicious, but it's also packed with stomach-filling whole grains, protein, and fruits (which makes me less likely to overeat)! Plus it's an entree and dessert all rolled into one -- super fun!!!
FF's Savory + Sweet Duo Pizza
Serving Size: 1/6th pizza
Calories/serving: 300 (savory); 250 (sweet)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Gather all the ingredients for the savory side: 1 12oz Rustic Crust Six Grain pizza crust, 1/2 packet of Rustic Crust tomato sauce, 1/4 cup chopped honey baked ham (this was frozen and leftover from the holidays), 1 egg and 3oz of cheese. I used Cabot's (full fat) Private Stock Cheddar -- I love the flavor of full fat cheeses (reduced fat cheese just doesn't cut it in my book), but feel free to substitute here!
3. Cut the pizza in half, spread one half with tomato sauce
4. Top with cheese, ham, and egg
5. Throw into oven for 10minutes or until brown
6. POOF! Savory Pizza is ready to eat!
7. Now it's time for dessert! Gather all ingredients for the sweet side: 1/2 cup Nestle Tollhouse Peanut Butter and Chocolate Baking Morsels, 1/2 cup Driscoll Raspberries, 3 tablespoons of the Gracious Gourmet's Spiced Sour Cherry Spread and a few packets of Truvia sweetener
8. After spreading the sour cherry sauce on pizza crust (in the same fashion as the tomato sauce), top the crust with raspberries and baking morsels. Sprinkle with Truvia (optional).
Congrats #77 - Gabby!
Congrats #77 - Gabby!
Since the response to the first Driscoll Berries giveaway was so awesome, I am going to giveaway another month's worth of berries so you can also make my tasty pizza concoction. One lucky person will be sent 5 free product coupons that can be used on Driscoll brand raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries at the local supermarket!
There are THREE ways to enter
1. REQUIRED: In my comments section, tell me what is your favorite pizza topping? (Mine is ham.... and raspberries, obviously!). Also please include your email address so I can contact you if you win!
2. Follow Finance Foodie on Twitter (leave separate comment telling me this)
3. Reblog / Retweet this giveaway (leave separate comment telling me this)
Contest ends Friday, January 21, 2011 at 5pm EST. Winners will be chosen via random integer generator on random.org announced on the financefoodie.com site shortly afterwards that night!
Disclosure: Driscoll Berries sent me the coupons for the giveaway