One of my favorite events every year is the Specialty Food Association's Summer Fancy Food Show. Held in the massive Javits Center, this three day spectacle is every food lover's dream - aisles upon aisles of gourmet food products just waiting to be imbibed and indulged!
10. Pocasville Dragon Fruit Chips - I love fresh dragon fruit so I am so excited to see this in an easy to eat and convenient chip form.
9. La Touramgelle Artisan Oils - Fancy oils that are all natural and organic - great for dressing a salad or for cooking. The pesto oil is my favorite.
8. Mike's Might Good Craft Ramen - This ain't the 10 cent packets of ramen you eat as a poor starving college student (or NYC dweller when rent is about to be due). Mike's Mighty Good makes gourmet ramen with the same rich broth and noodles you get at those fancy ramen restos around the city. Just add some egg, meat and veggies.
7. Coolhaus Ice Cream Pints - This hip ice cream shop that is known for its funky flavors (Milkshake and Fries anyone?) now sells its wares in pint form. Ice Cream Addicts unite!
6. From the Ground Up Cauliflower Crackers - Cauliflower is officially the new hot food item of the year due to its health benefits as a vegetable and its place in lower carb diets (at the show, it was in everything from pizza dough to ready to eat meals as a rice substitute). These crackers tasted just like a good old fashion Cheez-it (with half the fat).
5. Elmhurst Dairy Assorted Gourmet Milks - Nut milks have become all the rage these days and this line has got all your bases covered.
4. Noosh Flavored Almond Butter - Almond butter > Peanut butter all day. Flavored Almond Butter > Regular Almond Butter all day. My favorite was the birthday cake.
3. GuS Cocktail Mixers - One bottle of GuS + One mini bottle of liquor and you got yourself a top notch cocktail - so simple and so delicious! Also comes in a convenient 4 pack perfect for parties.
2. Pretzilla Pretzel Buns - Nothing better than some soft and warm pretzel buns - drizzle a little honey on top and you got yourself a tasty snack.
1. Prosciutto Barbie - Move over Lady Gaga - this doll has her own couture meat dress. Her dress looks good enough to eat (literally)!